Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Latest Creation






 
   So I am always amazed at how quickly one can go through diaper bags.  Well... maybe it's because I use the freebees from the hospital, but still!  Actually, I've bought 2 in the past and the freebees are doing better...  For this new little bundle who's due to arrive, I decided to make my own bag.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will stand up to any more than the last 2 bags I purchased, because it's cloth; and the cloth is far from heavy duty.  But isn't it beautiful material?  I would look at this material each time I walked into a Joann's and now I finally had a use for it!!
The bag certainly has it's flaws, but you can't tell in this photo, so we'll pretend they aren't there :)
The interior of the bag is made with PUL fabric, like what they use for cloth diaper covers.  It was finicky to work with, but all that is on the inside :)
 This is the change pad I made to match.  Again, several inperfections, but good enough to change a dirty diaper on :)  The center strip is made with fleece... also finicky to work with; stretchy and caused for much frustration!!  This is why I came to the conclusion... "it's for changing dirty diapers!"

This is the changepad all rolled up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am SO impressed! That's such a nice looking bag! Will you make me one? ;-) It's nice to carry something utilitarian AND beautiful, isn't it? Nice job.

    ReplyDelete