Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard, 2011


Here is the result of the great blizzard of 2011!  The snow started to fall yesterday at about noon  and continued for 24 hours.  It wasn't consistently heavy, but it continued all the same.  There were wind gusts reported at 50 mph!  Thankfully we are all safe and warm... and Jerry had no problem with travel.  In fact, he made it to work in just 1.5hours instead of his regular 1 hour... not bad, eh?
Check out the snow drifts... think we can get the tahoe out without a shovel?
Can you see how high it drifted up the door?
This is the view from inside the door.  I know, I know... u-tube has some more impressive photos... but this is our house!
A view of our street.  Does the mailman really come in rain, hail, sleet, or snow?
Our little men enjoying the snow.  We finally got some blue skies!
The snow on the driveway was over a foot deep, a little less in some areas.  I was hoping to show that in this photo.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful snow and the boys look so excited. I bet Jerry will be busy at work making repairs to the power lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how happy your boys are at this turn of events! This makes me excited to go visit the snow up in the mountains in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I didn't do any storm work. I only work with the BIG power lines and we didn't have any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! That's some snow! I think that's more snow than we've had in Boise all winter! Looks like fun. Did you build a snowman?

    ReplyDelete