Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Day at the Splashpad

We left for Canada on Saturday the 24th of July and were making great time until, after driving for 1 1/2 hours, Jerry says "Did you remember the passports?". A sick, sinking feeling washed over me as I realized I had not. We therefore had to turn around and get them, causing us to lose 3 hours of time, $30 of gas and 3 hours of little boy sanity. We rolled into my parents drive at 11pm. We actually made it in 9 hours (not counting the 3 we had lost)... our best time yet!
On Sunday it was my Dad's birthday - 68 years ago :). So we celebrated with cake and icecream.
On Monday we went to a splash pad near the lake with AnneMarie, Rosee and their kids. Dad and Jerry came for manly support :) Though timid at first, the boys had lots of fun!
I was definitely chilled by the wind off the lake and it looks like Annie was too! This is us women folk sticking close to the food and observing the kids:)

After drying off, James played with his cousins Samuel and Janelle as they chased the balls around.

Lucas enjoying the water.

James enjoying the water.




No comments:

Post a Comment