Monday, May 10, 2010

Dutch Dancing at Tulip Time, Holland, Michigan

On Thursday, Jerry, myself and the boys drove up to Holland, MI to meet my parents and see how dutch it really was up there. It was VERY dutch! We walked down 8th street, the main street of Holland, and that's where the Dutch Dancers were lined up for about 5 blocks, or so. There were ALOT of them!

I never knew what dutch dancing was, but now that I do, I think it's pretty neat! The wooden shoes are truly clogs :) Jerry asked a girl selling wooden shoes how long they last. The pair she had on have lasted 2 years and counting, but the girls who do the dancing might go through a pair every couple months, because of cracking. I say girls because I saw only 2 boys from where I was standing. What is it with boys and dancing? Don't they know it turns the ladies on? heehee...



After seeing the dancing, we walked on to the Dutch marketplace. Here we enjoyed some kale stampot with metworst... forgive me if i can't spell in dutch ;) And I was excited to buy some Gouda cheese... best cheese in the world!!!! They also had a guy carving wooden shoes there and all the dutchy souveniers you could want!

No comments:

Post a Comment