Friday, June 3, 2011

Lucas Turns 2

On Lucas' birthday, we decided to take the boys to the zoo.  It was a great time, but unfortunately we were under-dressed for the weather.  The whole time I complained (in my defense, I had goose-flesh every time we stepped outside) and my heart went out to my boys who did not complain.  (I figure if I'm cold, everyone must be cold!) We did see some interesting animals, but our favourite stop was the monkey house.
Happy Birthday to you!!
Our little Lucas always has a smile at the ready... and a lady killer of a smile too, I might add, with those dimples.  He's a sweetheart, quick with a hug.... like the other day I got James in trouble for whatever and Lucas pats his head and says "it's OK" in his Lucas language.  Sweetie.  But beware of his easy nature... if you push too many buttons he is not afraid to strike out.  He is mostly cured of his biting tendencies, but I have still caught him leaning in for the kill; he's moved on to bopping James repeatedly.  
For his birthday, Lucas got some wooden trucks.  Surprised?  One day I was trying to wake him up from his nap, but he was not very interested in getting up until I asked him, "do you want to see Daddy's truck?", he was up like a flash and out the door looking for his boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment