Friday, July 24, 2009

How My Garden Grows

My garden is finally thriving. After 2 years of sorry looking produce, the Lord was merciful and blessed us with a fabulous garden! I'm so excited! This spring, Jerry rented a tiller and plowed up a little plot of land. I was worried because the soil looked terrible! Clay! So he rented a tiller again and tilled in some fertilizer. Feeling a little bit better about this, we set out to plant our seeds. And one last added measure to ensure produce, Jerry build a fence around it to ward off the deer and rabbits. Seems to be working, by the grace of God :).

Lisa gave me the idea to show off my produce, so here goes!

Here are my beans! Note, not a single bite mark. The past 2 years I've only been able to freeze about 1/3 of my produce because the bugs got the rest!

Cucumbers! And there's a tonne more coming... everyone's getting relish for Christmas :).

Beets! Jerry's personal favourite... or not :).

And here's the beginnings of my onions and carrots. I'm so proud of the carrots, because I've never been able to grow them before; I would always weed them before I realize they're carrots :0.

2 comments: