Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Visit from Opa and Oma Hanemaayer

Mom and Dad Hanemaayer came out for a visit over Labour Day weekend. It sure was nice to see them again!! And James could smile for them and laugh for them and drool on them and cry for them. It was great bonding time!
Lucky for them, they had the best accomadations they'll have for a long time because of the home we're blessed to stay in right now. The home is about 10 years old, and because my Dad is redoing their own home, it was a wealth of ideas... some good, some not.
Our schedule of events included antiqueing, thrifts shopping, and regular shopping; we also went to a fall festival in Frankfort and saw a b'zillion crafts (I think it was the second hottest day of the season that day); and we headed up to the north end to visit the Botanical Gardens. What beautiful gardens they have there!! Below are my favourite pictures from there. Please enjoy!
I'm always amazed at the beautiful blooms that come from cacti... which on its own is quite dull. ...actually it's prickly but you get my point. (hahaha.. another pun.. smile)
This was an archway of apple trees. Isn't it amazing how they train them to do that?
Lily pads. Sorry Marie, I didn't see any princes.
A waterfall from the Waterfall Gardens.
My sweet Mom and Dad... aww!

The sun is in our eyes... hence the squinting.
This is a ball of orchids that I thought was cool! They planted them in a ball of moss.
This is Dad, stopping to smell the flowers.
A little family portrait.
The beautiful hibiscus. I love this flower!!



No comments:

Post a Comment